Mark J. Davis, Principal
Mark is an experienced executive with public, private, and start-up company experience. Working in technology based businesses since the mid-nineties, he pioneered online television listings as well as the Internet delivery of economic data and forecasts. He led the launch of one of the earliest successful subscription Web sites, launched mobile sites, and developed and implemented new product development processes at two separate companies. He’s negotiated content partnerships, e-commerce partnerships, affiliate relationships, distribution agreements, and sales agreements, and has a proven track record of building successful digital media businesses, leveraging both new and existing content. Mark has had key strategic and transactional roles in eleven acquisitions, divestitures, or strategic investments in both the media and consumer products industries and was part of the leadership team for two successful business exits.
- Reviewed a new business plan for an economics research firm resulting in a substantial change in direction saving the company from accepting its first outside investment and embarking on an potentially disastrous path.
- Researched related and adjacent markets for a consumer products company and developed an expansion plan and acquisition targets that resulted in renewed revenue growth.
- Served as interim managing director for the Hong Kong sourcing office of a consumer products company.
- Integrated previously separate print and digital teams for a media company, creating operational efficiencies and a more audience centric product.
- Developed financial and business plans for several startups in digital media, social media, and the sharing economy.